It’s pretty ambitious, but I will try to keep it up as much as possible. This is the selfish sewing part. Bear with me.
Every month there’s a new pattern on the block that has just been released out into the wild, and about every time I want to buy it. That leads to me hoarding patterns. Hoarding and hoarding without having the time or money to actually go through with the project. So this post is actually for me to keep track on myself.
The lists below is some of the sewing patterns that I already own. I want to make these within this year. Some of them I’ve already made, but most of them I haven’t yet. I’ll confess that I have waaay more patterns, but these are the ones I’m prioritising.
- Blu – M6696 from McCall’s
- Sophia dress from By Hand London
- Wren dress from Colette patterns
- Francoise dress from Tilly and the Buttons
- Lilo – Mesa dress from Seamwork
- Darling Range dress from Megan Nielsen patterns
- Vintage shirtdress from Sew Over It
- Elsa – Martini dress from Capital Chic pattern
- Ginger jeans from Closet Case Files
- Moji pants from Seamwork
- Chataigne shorts from Deer and Doe
- Tania culottes from Megan Nielsen pattern
- Hades – Tulip skirt from Sew Over It
- Arielle skirt from Tilly and the Buttons
- Trusty/Snow White – Chardon skirt from Deer and Doe
- Granville shirt from Sewaholic
- Jenna cardigan from Muse patterns
- Harris/Hubert/Hamish – Oslo cardigan from Seamwork
- Minoru jacket from Sewaholic
- Pavot jacket from Deer and Doe
Ok, so 20 patterns and I have about 10 months on me. That makes it about two patterns a month, which is doable I hope! As you can see, I also almost exclusively only sew from indie pattern companies. That’s love.
When I have made something on the list you will be able to click on it an see what I’ve made. When you click on the pattern companies name you can see (and purchase them as well!), which pattern I’m talking about if you’re not familiar. I will probably also sew a lot of other things within the year, but this is the goal. Chances are I’m going to make more than one of each pattern as well.