Collaboration with Minerva Crafts*
Do you have any new years resolutions? I have three that I would like to share with you:
- No new patterns. If I manage to make three patterns I haven’t made before from my stash I can allow myself to buy one new pattern, that’s it. If I start on another pattern without buying a new one, I then have to make up three from my stash before maybe buying one new.
- Reduce the fabric stash. Self-explanatory. I have a lot that I have purchased for a specific project that has been waiting because of new shiny things, so that stops now.
- Be more bold, regarding both prints and patterns. I’ll try to make something other than dresses every now and then. I’ll try, but I will most lightly not be that successful.
I don’t know what to do with pictures when it’s so dark outside most of the time during the winter months. Can you help me? What are your solutions for natural lighting when there is none? I’m very thankful for everything you tell me.
From this year I will also link you to other amazing sewists that have made the same pattern as me, and I’ll be using Instagram as my main source. I love the one @sewessentialuk made in scuba, yes, scuba! No need for a zipper at all – very smart! @julie__starr made this beautiful little black dress of the pattern.
This is originally a Minerva Crafts Blogger Network post so
- Name: Iago (from Aladdin)
- Patterm: Simplicity 8330 and Belladone dress from Deer and Doe.
- Fabric: John Kaldor floral stretch cotton fabric from Minerva Crafts